Back Pack Meals is entirely run by volunteers like you!
Volunteers are also needed to help fill backpacks and deliver them to schools. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please fill in your information below or click here.
If you are a member of a group or organization that would like to help, please fill in the form below and we can work with you to accommodate you.
How you can help
Here are some volunteer jobs and ideas you and your group may like to do:
Organize Food Packs
You can spend an hour working with others to prepare food packs for hungry kids.
- Come to the BSD Warehouse at 12037 NE 5th Street Thursday morning at 8:30-9:30.
- Sign up on SignUpGenius (see link).
- Sign in when you arrive at the warehouse.
Deliver Packs to School
You can be part of our delivery team!
- Click on the SignUpGenius link for school delivery.
- Select a school you would like to deliver to and commit to the same school each week.
- Be the contact with that school to communicate any concerns.
- Sign up for the weeks you are able to deliver.
- Pick up food packs at the BSD warehouse Thursday at 9:30.
- Sign in when you arrive at the warehouse so that your hours can be counted.
- Let the volunteer coordinator know if you are unable to deliver on a date you have signed up.
- You must have a valid drivers license and insurance.
- You must be able to carry 1-30 one-gallon zip lock bags filled with food.
Host a Party
The next time you host a holiday party, BBQ, birthday or dinner party consider making it a fundraiser. The food and fun you enjoy will be even better knowing that the money you raise will feed kids who might otherwise go hungry. Furthermore you will have spread the word and shown just how easy it is to get involved.
Partner with Your Company
Are you in sales? Propose a sales fundraiser to your employer with a small portion of each sale being donated to BPM. Not only will it motivate your sales team, but also it will be an awesome conversation starter with your customer. Customers will feel proud that their purchase made a difference. Your company will benefit from the extra sales and charitable deduction come tax season. You will have raised funds and awareness without ever leaving the office. (If you aren’t sure how to start this conversation with your employer, reach out to us and let us help.)
Get the Kids Involved
Kids are far more creative and capable than we give them credit for. Consider discussing BPM with your kids. Being the natural networkers that kids are, they will spread the word faster you can imagine! It’s never too early to teach gratitude and encourage kids to take action! They could sell old video games, run a lemonade stand, have a car wash, mow lawns, babysit, etc. Let them implement their own service project and watch their hearts and minds grow. If you have high schoolers in need of volunteer hours to graduate, we are happy to help them meet that requirement all while making an impact in their own backyard for teens their age. If you need help getting started, reach out to us and let us help!
Add Us to Your Web Site
If you have a personal or professional web page, add a link to us! Spreading the word is just as important as raising the money. If you have a blog, write a piece on the work we are doing to help local kids. If you have Facebook, friend us and share.
Get Your Neighbors Involved
Consider rounding up your neighbors and doing a neighborhood garage sale. You will feel refreshed after the spring clean and enjoy hanging out with your neighbors all while raising money for kids
Helping takes just a short amount of time, but the impact is enormous.